Friday, September 08, 2017

A dress for dancing

Oh how I love velvet. And it has finally come back into fashion and I find it in thrift shops too.
I rarely wear halternecks, but this dress so wanted to come home with me, that beautiful red velvet. But it was a size too large, and way too long.

The back wouldn't stay up because the dress was too large. And the dress was almost foot length.

I cut off the frill.
Then I shortened the dress by 20 cm (8"), removed 10 cm (4") from the width of the frill so it fit the new hem, and sewed the frill back on.
Lastly I took the dress in at the sides.
Now I am ready for salsa, flamenco, a party.

I might not always wear a cami underneath, but I decided I didn't want to share my cleavage with the internet


The dress can turn around, as my little niece would say (turn-around-dresses are the best).




Many more refashions on my blog (posts are in both Danish and English): Saga i Farver

3 comments:

I Can Work With That said...

This is so pretty, what a great job you did. You need to go dancing asap!
Chickie EOD

Amy Jo said...

That dress is so pretty! I love how it twirls, which is the best part of any fancy dress.

TheRefashStash said...

Beautiful! What a difference!

-TheRefashStash