Friday, October 13, 2017

Tablecloth, Version 2



Remember the beautiful, hand stitched tablecloth pieces I added to a dark grey sweater? I liked it, but not enough to wear it.  (see the smaller pictures below) I tried it on recently to find it was way too tight around my stomach.  My weight fluctuates, and at one point I think the sweater fit ok, but right now? Not.At.All.   This discovery made me feel better about cutting the sweater up the front to give me some room to breathe.  I added a ruffle (salvaged off some other garment) around the raw edges.  I added a little eye and hook so I can close it. Cute, right? I still haven't worn it, but now there's the possibility that I might.
 

(Pictures of the first version front and back)


While I was working on the sweater, I pulled out the rest of the tablecloth, determined to find a way to use the rest of the pretty pieces. The banner is no-sew and not fashion related, so you'll have to click over to The Little Moments if you want to see more about my tablecloth banner!

Thanks for reading!
Love Amy Jo at The Little Moments

1 comment:

I Can Work With That said...

The sweater is very cute as a cardigan. I really like the ruffle you added. And the banner is fabulous, I like that too. Great job!
Chickie EOD