Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Downsizing with flair

I picked up a pair of embroidered jeans on the clearance rack of a discount store. It was the only pair and they were nearly 2 sizes too big.

They are stretch jeans and were full length with a skinny leg. I couldn't take the waist in at the sides because of the embroidery, so I had to add darts on the back.
They still looked weird - super skinny ankles but colourful flowers bringing attention to my hips.
I chopped a few inches off the length and used some of the scraps to make flared inserts to widen the legs. I left the darker seam allowance on the outside. Then frayed a strip of dark denim from my stash to make hem trim. I like this proportion a lot more!

3 comments:

cfort82 said...

Those turned out really cute.

Cindy @ Upcycle Design Lab

fabrichoarder said...

Thanks, Cindy!

I Can Work With That said...

Those are so cute. I love the cropped length too. The embroidery is fabulous.
Chickie